The Best of LiveBall Sports in 2009
[picapp align=”none” wrap=”false” link=”term=rich+gannon&iid=2620411″ src=”7/b/5/e/Raiders_v_49ers_ce61.jpg?adImageId=8772097&imageId=2620411″ width=”500″ height=”530″ /]
A rare list of links to the very, very best stuff ever written in this here space chosen by the readers:
The Best of the Best
- #1) College Football previews galore: Did I have Boise State going undefeated? Did Notre Dame really seem like a .500 team before the season?
- #2) The Matt Cassel extension with the Kansas City Chiefs: good, bad, or simply a reality of contract value and market sizes in the NFL today. In hindsight: just bad.
- #3) LiveBall’s draft coverage kicks off with a look at some draft eligible quarterbacks and their value prior to the bowl games.
- #4) Can anyone save the Washington Redskins? Should they?
- #5) What were the prospectus on certain NFL teams back in the preseason. Our roster roundouts feature offers some of the most-viewed team previews from August: the Saints, the Lions, and the Bengals. While you’re at it, you can also read the Dolphins‘ one, as well as the Steelers‘.
- #6) Prior to Joe Mauer winning the AL MVP award, this is what I had to say regarding the battle brewing between Teixiera supporters, and Mauer Pauerers.
- #7) What can be said about the Raiders at this point? They hate themselves! Click to read more about a franchise that bans it’s own pro bowl quarterback from its own facility.
- #8) It’s LiveBall Sports’ Preseason NFL Power Rankings. Which media source had the Redskins in the top ten? And who put the Vikings in the bottom ten? That might have been a misprint.
- #9) Which media source had Ole Miss in their preseason top ten? I don’t know, but it wasn’t this one.
- #10) And finally, the Zack Greinke saga. From pointing out that he NEEDED to win it, to his legendarily apathetic acceptance speech, LiveBall had it covered in 2009.
The Best of the Rest
And here were some lesser-trafficked articles that I thought I did a good job on. Before, you know, they went largely unread:
- Where did the Bears miss so badly on Jay Cutler? More importantly, what has Angelo’s Folly taught us?
- My take on Colts-Pats XVI..I…the one where Belichick did that thing that people didn’t quite understand.
- An in-depth start review of Royals minor league RHP prospect Sam Runion.
- A trivial, if not controversial, take on anabolic steroids.
- Dissecting quotes from Brian Kelly and Bob Stoops prior to Kelly’s move to South Bend.
- Brad Childress restores offensive balance in Minnesota.
- Point differential analysis around Thanksgiving. Not a bad predictive tool, wouldn’t you say?